Monday 15 August 2011

Predictions and round-up of Pre-season


That’s right! I’m back, for the many 1000’s of readers this blog has accumulated I thank you for returning for another season. Okay bit of an overstatement but this blog has reached more hits than I thought it would so I have to thank you for that.

I probably should’ve done this before the season started, but my team Everton haven’t actually started yet so I have forgiven myself. But yes as you probably have realised, the football season is back and that means only one thing, I’ve done a fantasy football team that will inevitably end up in the lower 60,000th position.

But before I bring you my pearls of wisdom about the ultimate team I have picked, let’s get my predictions for the Premier League out of the way. As always, I think that Manchester United will once again walk away with this year’s title and reach the 20 titles milestone.

It baffles me how United can lose their high profile players and replace them with sometimes unknown players who can step up to the plate and become household names, I think this is what makes Sir Alex one of the best managers in history.

If you saw the West Brom match, you could see how well Ashley Young fitted in to the team and how, not on this occasion as such but how Nani has filled that Ronaldo shaped hole at Old Trafford that no-one thought he could.

So this is how I think the Premier League will pan out in the end.

1st. Manchester United
2nd. Manchester City
3rd. Chelsea
4th. Liverpool
5th. Arsenal
6th. Tottenham
7th. Everton
8th. Sunderland
9th. Bolton
10th.Villa
11th.Fulham
12th.Stoke
13th.Newcastle
14th. West Brom
15th.Blackburn
16th. Wolves
17th. Norwich
18th. QPR
19th. Wigan
20th. Swansea

We’ll see how wrong I am in the season round up in mid-2012.

Onto the Fantasy Football team, now I’m not normally any good at these, but this season I’ve decided to put some thought into it. See what you make of my team.

GK. Cech
DF. Baines
DF. S. Taylor
DF. Huth
DF. Samba
MD. Walcott
MD. Silva
MD. Dempsey
MD. Nani
ST. Bent
ST. Aguero

So the blog is finally back for the season, I’ll try and keep as up to date as possible, but since I’m not getting paid for this and I have a minimal audience, I am under no obligation to.

Leave your comments and abuse in the section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment