Saturday 19 October 2013

The GW9 Preview

While I'm well aware that my absence has shaken the world of fantasy football, fear not. I have returned to give you advice from the mind that put together the team currently sitting 14,592 in the world. I'm not panicking just yet, every week I tell myself that Aaron Ramsey will stop scoring and one week my wish will come true. However, my luck's starting to pick up slightly and my aim to make my team solid title contenders by GW6 is well on it's way. Granted it's a tad behind schedule, but we're getting there. Here's my team as it stands on Saturday evening (with Eriksen still to play):


It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I've picked up some solid performers who guarantee you a few points a week. Kevin Mirallas has also come good in recent weeks. The plan next week is to ditch either Szczesny or Gibbs as the Gunner's defence is nowhere near as tight as Arsene's wallet*

The prime target is a Swansea defender as they have favourable fixtures coming up and keep the occasional clean sheet, more than Arsenal, let's put it that way. My favoured choice being Ben Davies, the cheapest of the regularly starting Swans back four who has also chipped in with two goals this campaign as well.

The other of my transfers will probably be used on Eriksen, providing he doesn't score a hat-trick tomorrow. Despite bagging an assist on his début for me, he's excited on the pitch but not delivered on the FF front. It's a difficult choice picking his replacement, Adam Lallana stands out for me, he's in reasonable form for the impressive Saints at the moment. Similarly it's becoming almost impossibly difficult to overlook Mr Ramsey. I continually question how long he can keep up this phenomenal form but as time goes on he has repeatedly proved his doubters wrong. Maybe we'll see the emergence of another Welsh hero in North London soon.


*Disclaimer: Joke still stands despite Özil transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment