Monday 14 December 2015

The ONE Surefire Way to Ruin Your Fantasy Football Team

Clickbait titles are annoying, right? You know what's more annoying? This.



That's right, 30 points on that bench. 30 glorious points wasted. I had three choices to make and I got all three completely wrong. Let's reminisce.

Hart or Butland:

This was a struggle, I'd stuck with the Stoke stopper for quite a few gameweeks but I now had a choice. I had faith in Man City keeping at bay a Swansea side that had faltered in recent weeks. I also saw a cagey game at Upton Park but surely not one that ended goalless. Again I've learnt the hard way that City can't defend to save their lives. Concede once, shame on you, concede in every game I pick Hart, shame on you still. Sort it out Pellegrini.

I'm sorry Jack, you'll never leave my fantasy team again.

Alli or Mahrez:

I know, you're all looking at me like I'm some kind of idiot. I kind of am. Surely Chelsea's form has to pick up at some point. Mahrez won't do that again. Hey look, Delli Alli is playing alright and against a struggling Newcastle, brilliant! I am a fool.

I'm sorry Riyad, you'll never leave my fantasy team again.

Alderweireld or Ward:

This one I'm not too upset about, but it sure has rubbed salt in this self-inflicted wound. Spurs have looked extremely solid at the back this season and have picked up quite a few clean sheets. I, like many other people this week, thought it would be a good time to bring in some Tottenham coverage and bask in the glory of another Spurs shut-out. Also, Palace are just good I guess.

I'm sorry Joel, you'll never leave my fantasy team again (maybe).


No comments:

Post a Comment