Thursday 7 June 2012

Ilkeston, remember them?

I apologise greatly to the fans and supporters of Ilkeston FC, the club that Football Hearsay claimed they would follow the progress of the club until the end of the season.

Of course as you may have seen, this didn't happen. But, and that's a big but and I cannot lie. The mighty Ilkeston were promoted to the Northern Premier League Premier Division as Play-off winners. I congratulate the team and attribute their promotion to the very little support we have given them. I apologise again.

Promotion was secured through two Play-off games, the first, beating Sheffield FC 7-0 in a resounding win to reach the final against Leek Town. The Robins won 2-0 with goals from Matt Richards and Daryll Thomas.

This means that Ilkeston will be taking on the likes of North Ferriby United and Kendal Town next season, I don't see how they can't secure back to back promotions.

Up the Robins

No comments:

Post a Comment