Friday 25 May 2012

The End Of Season Review: 2012 Edition

For some reason I decided to capitalise every word in the title, just makes it seem more important. Anyway, moving on to more important matters, without swearing; my thoughts on the last day of  the season: ... That's because I can't do it without swearing. It was amazing, so unpredictable, no-one saw that coming, absolutely no-one, and if you say you did then you're lying. This is why we love football ladies and gentlemen.

I still get shivers from hearing Martin Tyler scream 'AguerrooooOOOOOOOOOHHH' and to be honest I've had a few nightmares where it resonates in my head. Moving on... There was action, drama, just what we all wanted as a neutral. Some were expecting City to walk it, some expected them to bottle it, which they almost did and some like I, just wanted football to win. Which it did by far.

It was definitely the best season in my lifetime, I can't speak for before my time. But the final day summed it all up for me. You can't beat it. But we can't forget the rest of the season, although many, including myself pretty much have. Here are just a few highlights to jog your memories:

Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal (28/8/11)
Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City (23/10/11)
Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal (29/10/11)
Manchester United 2-3 Blackburn (31/12/11)
Chelsea 3-3 Manchester United (5/2/12)
Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham (26/2/12)
Manchester United 4-4 Everton (22/4/12)
Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea (24/4/12) (How could we forget Gary Neville?)
Manchester City 3-2 QPR (13/5/12)
Chelsea 1-1 Bayern Munich (Chelsea win 4-3 on penalties) (19/5/12)


Predictions from last season:

This should be fun, so let's look through what I, Mystic Meg, said would happen roughly a year ago...

"So this is how I think the Premier League will pan out in the end.

1st. Manchester United
2nd. Manchester City
3rd. Chelsea
4th. Liverpool
5th. Arsenal
6th. Tottenham
7th. Everton
8th. Sunderland
9th. Bolton
10th.Villa
11th.Fulham
12th.Stoke
13th.Newcastle
14th. West Brom
15th.Blackburn
16th. Wolves
17th. Norwich
18th. QPR
19th. Wigan
20th. Swansea"

... I don't even want to talk about it...

So swiftly moving on, we go to the 2nd annual Football Hearsay awards!

Best performance of the season: Man Utd 1-6 Man City (City simply bossed that game like they were playing a Sunday League team)

Team of the season: Man City (This is turning into the City blog, but in all honesty they were the best team)

Arse of the season: Luis Suarez (Racist and all round terrible human being, the man sickens me)

Class of the season: Robin Van Persie (unstoppable at times, fully deserved Golden Boot)


So that's it for another season, look out for my predictions for the 2012/13 season soon, although based on last year's there isn't much point. And the new segment for my Euro 2012 fantasy football. It's going to be a good season!



No comments:

Post a Comment